1. The Services
- 1.1 By means of the Website, Hacker Jobs UK makes available an on-line recruitment and employment information service, where potential employers place advertisements for positions which they have and if interested you may submit responses to such positions (the "Services").
- 1.2 Please note that when responding to potential employers you will be dealing with them directly and as such any contracts and/or arrangements will be formed between you and them, without Hacker Jobs UK as a party. Hacker Jobs UK cannot be held liable for your use of or any liability arising out of the same (save to the extent required by law).
2. Use of the Website and the Services
- 2.1 The Website and the Services are for personal and non-commercial use only. You may copy electronically and print portions of the Website and/or the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. In particular, you may not use any information from any directory or other listing or information retrieval service (if any) made available on the Hacker Jobs UK and/or the Services, in connection with any business or commercial undertaking (whether or not for profit). Any other use of materials on the Hacker Jobs UK and/or the Services (including without limitation reproduction for a purpose other than that noted above and any modification, distribution or republication) without the prior written permission of Hacker Jobs UK is strictly prohibited. You also agree not to deep-link and/or frame the Website or any of the Services for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by Hacker Jobs UK to do so.
- 2.2 You agree that you shall not use the Website or the Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, untrue, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or which may cause anxiety to others including racist or sexist content or material which otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm Hacker Jobs UK’s computer systems or any third party computer system.
- 2.3 By registering to use the Services, you automatically and hereby grant to Hacker Jobs UK a right to display, copy, reproduce and make available on the Website and otherwise deal with as necessary to provide to you the Services any material and information which you may provide to Hacker Jobs UK through your use of the Services.
- 2.4 Save to the extent required by law, no representations, warranties or terms of any kind are made in respect of the Website and/or the Services or their contents (including, without limitation, any views or comment made). All information and/or data included in and/or on the Website, the Services and/or in any directory or other listings or information retrieval service made available on or by the Website and/or the Services has been so made available for guidance only. Your use of such information and/or data is therefore entirely at your own risk. All liability of Hacker Jobs UK, its directors, employees or other representatives howsoever arising for any loss suffered as a result of your use of the Website and/or the Services is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 2.5 Hacker Jobs UK make no warranty that the contents of any and all e-mails communicated through the Site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
- 2.6 The Website and/or the Services may include links to websites and/or services owned and/or operated by third parties. These are provided for your convenience only and Hacker Jobs UK is not responsible for and does not give any warranties or make any representations regarding any such websites and/or services and is not responsible for or liable in relation to the content or your use of such websites (save to the extent required by law).
- 2.7 You acknowledge that Hacker Jobs UK is not responsible for third party content on the Website and that Hacker Jobs UK cannot ensure that material presented on the Internet is legal. Hacker Jobs UK will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Hacker Jobs UK shall have the right to remove any postings, materials or other items on the Website which it believes may be illegal or which it determines to be inappropriate or in contradiction to the purpose of this website. Said purpose is to present IT related jobs to job seekers intending to work in the UK and all advertisements will be advertised directly by the employer only.
- 2.8 Hacker Jobs UK will not be a party to any communications whatsoever between you and those responding to any use which you may make of the Services, although Hacker Jobs UK reserves the right to monitor any such communications which are made by you or third parties by means of the Website and/or the Services.
- 2.9 Intellectual Property - Save to the extent permitted by this Agreement, Hacker Jobs UK does not grant any licence or other authorisation to use any of its trade marks, product names, company names or logos or any of its copyright works or other intellectual property rights by placing them on or making them available by means of the Website or the Services.
3. Availability of the Website and the Service
Hacker Jobs UK does not promise full, uninterrupted or error free operation of the Website and/or the Services. All liability of Hacker Jobs UK, its directors or employees howsoever arising for any loss whatsoever arising from your use of or inability to use the Website and/or the Services is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law.
4. Data Protection and Use of Personal Information
Information may be gathered from your registration form(s) and your use of the Sites and/or the Interactive Services including through "cookies".
The information gathered may be used by Hacker Jobs UK internally, for purposes relating to your use of the Sites and the Interactive Services and for marketing activities, and may be passed to carefully selected third parties to use for marketing activities. By marketing activities, we mean the communication directly to particular individuals (by e-mail, post or telephone) of any advertising or marketing material. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from Hacker Jobs UK, or from carefully selected third parties you should notify us by e-mail. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive direct marketing/information from Hacker Jobs UK or no longer wish us to pass your information to third parties you should again notify us by e-mail.
Other than as set out elsewhere in this clause 4 your information shall not be disclosed or used by us. You hereby agree to these terms in this clause 4 by your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Hacker Jobs UK may terminate, suspend or deny you access to the Website and/or Services immediately for any reason without incurring any liability whatsoever to you.
You agree to indemnify Hacker Jobs UK for all losses, costs, actions, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities, whatsoever suffered or incurred by Hacker Jobs UK in or as a consequence of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Website and/or Services (save to the extent that a court of competent jurisdiction holds that such a claim arose due to an act or omission of Hacker Jobs UK).
Neither party shall be liable to the other, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the first party's reasonable control including without limitation any power failure.
Any notices shall, unless otherwise expressly stated, be in writing and shall be given by sending the same by e-mail, first class post, or facsimile transmission to the other party's address as may be designated in writing from time to time. Any notice sent by first class post shall be deemed (in the absence of evidence of early receipt) to have been delivered two days after dispatch. Any notice given by e-mail or facsimile transmission shall be deemed to have been delivered on the next working day following transmission.
- 9.1 This Agreement shall be personal to you and you may not assign, transfer, sublet, lease or delegate all or any of your rights and obligations, without Hacker Jobs UK’s prior written consent.
- 9.2 Hacker Jobs UK reserves the right to assign or transfer all or any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any other third party. In the event of assignment or transfer, notification will either be given to you by e-mail or posted on the Website.
10. No Waiver
Failure or neglect by either party to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar that exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
If any provision of this Agreement or part thereof is determined to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such provision, or part thereof, shall be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Variation of Terms
- 12.1 This Agreement (together with any variations to it pursuant to clause 12.2) constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in respect of its subject matter.
- 12.2 Hacker Jobs UK reserves the right to vary this Agreement from time to time. Such changes shall be notified to you by e-mail or posted on the home pages of the Website. Changes in this manner shall be deemed to have been accepted if you continue to use the Website and/or the Services after a period of two weeks from the date of transmission of the e-mail or of posting on the home pages of the Website, whichever occurs later.
13. Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.